Saturday, March 26, 2011

Best Sushi Ever.

The sign above heaven.

The Happy Leaf

Lobster Bomb, Dynamite Crab, Happy Scallop, and Dino and Jimmy Rolls
When RBK and I run from Daily Eats to Bayshore and back for breakfast, we pass this delicious looking sushi place.  After being teased for months we decided to try it.  Even on our 6 mile run Wednesday morning we were wishing they were open in the morning for breakfast sushi.  So Thursday night we met up in Tampa to check out Water-Unique Sushi.  It is joined with Ciccio's California Cuisine, so if you go with a nonsushi eater, they have lots of options as well.  It is also owned by the same company that owns Daily Eats, our post run breakfast joint.  It was obvious from the time we walked in the door this was going to be a great experience, the place was filled with beautiful people.  I wanted to order everything on the menu, but instead we both ordered 2 rolls and mixed and matched.  Everything was perfect.  My favorite was the lobster bombs.  We sat eating, nodding our heads the whole time.  There were no words to describe how awesome it was.  I even got a free glass of wine, what is better than that?  Don't you want to come to Tampa and eat sushi with me?

Oh, this is a running blog.  Sorry.  Well, like I said Wednesday after work, RBK and I ran 6.36 miles along Bayshore.  That is such a beautiful route, but we are currently on the look out for a new place to run to mix it up a bit.  I don't know if we are going to be able to find as good of a breakfast though.  Early this morning I did a quick easy run and I'm fixin to do Jilly Bean's 30 Day Shred.  I tried out my first pair of tempo shorts today and I think I am in love.  I've been afraid to try them thinking they would ride up my crotch and I would chafe, but nope, they were great.  I'm going to love running in them during the summer.  I've been a spandexer up til today.  Tomorrow is a 9-10 miler after work.  Not sure if I'm going to go back to spandex for that run or try the shorts.

Are you a fan of sushi?

1 comment:

  1. oh--you had me at sushi--I could eat it EVERY day and never tire!!

    ReplyDelete