Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm a runner.

"This ain't no sissy sprint you know!"-Col. Potter


I am a huge M*A*S*H fan.  I watched this episode last night and it was very motivating.  Father Mulcahy had to run a 12 mile race against a guy that was faster than him.  Ok, so in the episode, he makes the other guy throw the race to help the orphans.  It was still a good race.


Father Mulcahy runninng a 12 mile race.



Proving the turtle really can win.



I am so proud of myself for sticking with it this time.  When I started runninng, each time, I would think, "I want to be a runner."  Not, I want to run or I want to lose weight, but I want to be a runner.  I am pretty sure I can say it now.  I may not be a fast runner or the most dedicated in my training, but I'm a runner.  I make dates with my running buddies, I wake up early to run, I ran 8.5 miles without walking.  I'm a runner.  Did anyone else have an "I'm a runner" moment?

Check out Jess's giveaway.  Tell her I sent you.

:o)

3 comments:

  1. I think I had a mini moment yesterday when I ran my 5K run about 4 minutes faster than I had expected/hoped.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!
    I'm hoping I continue to have good running moments like that one throughout my training.

    BTW, just the other day I was talking to my husband about how I used to watch M*A*S*H all the time with my dad, lol.

    ReplyDelete