Friday, February 25, 2011

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

I started running again in 2008 after I saw the ad for the inaugural 2009 Disney Princess Half Marathon in a Fitness magazine.  It was winter in Maryland when I started running so I joined a gym that was on my way home from work.  I would stop after work 3 days a week and hit the treadmill for 3-7 miles.  When Smooth and I decided we wanted to move to Florida, I knew I wasn't going to run the Princess that year.  I stopped running and left the gym. 


The Princess section of my running board.

Last summer I was bitten by the running bug again when my coworkers from Hopkins said they were coming down to run the Women's Half Marathon in St. Petersburg.  I told them I couldn't wait to see them and I would run it with them.  Great decision.  We had the an awesome time.  I signed up to receive more information at the expo and got my tiara. :o)  I registered for the Princess 2 days later!


Danette, Cyndi, and I after Women's Half in St. Pete

And now the big day is just around the corner.  I just finished packing, loading my iPod, and getting my outfit together.


I wanted to have Ariel's colors so I found a shirt that was Little Mermaid purple, like her shells.  I tried to find a sea foam green running skirt, but was unsuccessful.  I thought about making a little skirt to hook to my SpiBelt, but I worked overtime this week and didn't make it to Joann's Fabric.  I guess my bib will have to do.  I filled my shuffle with Disney music and other awesome tunes.  I even made sure the headphones were on the correct sides in the picture, remember the AR I mentioned before.  I have my Shot Bloks hooked onto my SpiBelt with the toggles they give you for your bib number.  I hope they have a stand at the expo, I'd like another pair of toggles.  And yes, the AR made me put the Shot Bloks right side up in my belt.  Can't have upside down words.  Geesh.  And of course, I'll have my inhaler in my SpiBelt.  All the awesome-est people carry Albuterol, you didn't know?  I haven't had to use it during a run since the horrible bronchitis, but I'd hate to die in the magic kingdom.  After I took the picture I realized my sports bra wasn't in it, so I had to check and double check my bag to make sure I had it. 

Patchouli wants to go to Disney too.
I have the coffee pot timer set already.  Night shifters have a hard time living day shift hours.  I'll be picking up my RBK and heading to Orlando.  We will be hitting the expo first thing.  I am hoping to recognize some of the bloggy pack. 

My next post will be to announce the winner of my giveaway.  Are you entered?

Good luck to all my fellow Princesses out there!! 
Who is your favorite Princess? 


2 comments:

  1. just came across your blog! it's fabulous! you have some great insight on your posts! love the crown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Have fun! I was just looking at a pair of running capris tonight, but wasn't sure. I wish now, having seen that you are happy enough with them to wear them for the Princess 1/2, that I had gotten them. Soon! Have a great time!
    -KT80 www.traininglikeagirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete